A large retrospective cohort study based on data from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs addressed the question of whether treatment with the antiviral drug nirmatrelvir within five days of positive SARS-CoV-2 testing reduces the risk of post-acute sequelae of covid disease. Nirmatrelvir was shown to reduce the risk of both long-covid and hospitalization and post-acute death at 180 days.
You May Also Like
- Cardiovascular risk in IBD
- Microplastics in kidneys and urine
- Asthma and psyche
- 5 min
- COPD: Update for the primary care physician
- 6 min
- 7 min
- Atopic dermatitis: choice of systemic therapy option
- Do low carb diets harm the heart?
- 3 min
- Cardiovascular events in CKD